Virginia (VA) Lottery – Winning Numbers, Results and Jackpots
|Select a state for latest results|
|Select a state to view the last drawing results. You can enter up to 10 sets of ticket numbers to find out if you have won.|
Virginia (VA) Lottery General Information
The Virginia Lottery was created on December 1, 1987, following a 57% to 43% vote in favor of a lottery in November, 1987.
Since the first ticket was sold on Sept 20, 1988, the Virginia Lottery has earned more than $5.3 billion for the Commonwealth of Virginia. By a constitutional amendment passed by Virginia voters in 2000, all Lottery profits are now designated to solely benefit K-12 public schools.
Virginia Lottery players have a wide range of games from which to choose. Instant games are available for $1, $2, $5 and $10, with prizes up to $1 million. On-line games include Pick 3, Pick 4, Cash 5, Win for Life and the extremely popular Mega Millions.
The Virginia Lottery is a billion dollar enterprise and heading it is Sheila Hill-Christian. When Governor Tim Kaine appointed Ms. Hill-Christian to head the Lottery, she became the third executive director in the Lottery’s 18 year history and the first African-American to hold that position. Ms. Hill-Christian brings to the job a career filled with service to Virginia.
Virginia (VA) lottery results & winning numbers, as well as information on all Virginia lottery games, including MEGA Millions, Powerball, Cash4Life, Bank a Million
The Lottery Lab
The Lottery Lab provides more than just today’s winning numbers.
Some Tips from Virginia Lottery Analysis
Virginia Cash five is the favorite lotto game for the lottery players and players use different strategies to win. To play Virginia Cash five, you have to pick five numbers from 1 to 34. There are two drawings held daily. The prize money depends on the wager picked up by the player. With the odds of one in 278,256 of winning the jackpot, players are happy to play this game.
- The first rule to play this lottery is to come up with a good mix of odd-even numbers. When you pick your Virginia Cash Five lotto, try picking a combination involving odd, even and prime numbers as well. Virginia Lottery analysis represents that all odds or evens are rarely drawn which makes the combination of odd and even numbers a better option.
- You have to choose any 5 numbers from 1 to 34, which makes 1-17 the low numbers and 18-34 are the high numbers. Some players are delusional that all-highs or all-lows make a better combination. Similar to odd-even, all highs or all lows are rarely drawn. It is better to have a set of numbers with mixed numbers. It better to have a mix with 3/2 or ⅔ which means 3 highs and 2 lows or 2 highs and 3 lows. Virginia lottery analysis states that one of these two patterns will occur in 67 percent of the drawings.
- One of the best strategies is to look for the total sum of the chosen set of numbers. Make sure that the sum of the 5 numbers ranges between 66 and 109 to make a balanced combination. Virginia lottery analysis states that sums that fall within that range will account for over 70% of all lottery jackpots won.
- Look for the previous winning numbers and you can also take a shot at previous winner numbers. In Virginia Cash 5, on average, one lottery number us expected to be a repeat hit from last drawing every other drawing or 62 percent of the time.
- Hot numbers are the most frequently winners and are more likely to hit but don’t leave out the cold numbers. Try including at least one long shot in your group of 5 numbers. The analysis represents that numbers that have been a loser for four games or less are accountable for the winning number for half of the times. Numbers that have been a loser for last 10 or more games have 82% of likelihood to appear in the next drawing. So go for cold numbers as well.
Lotteries are game of combinations and choosing a better combination makes your chances of winning better. Therefore, go for a combination with a perfect blend of odd-even, all highs-all lows, and hot-cold numbers.
Virginia Cash five is the favorite lotto game for the lottery players and players use different strategies to win. To play Virginia Cash five, you have to pick five numbers from 1 to 34. There are two drawings held daily. The prize money depends on the wager picked up by the player. With the odds…