Powerball results for 01/29/20; 1 winner of $396M jackpot
The Powerball Numbers (white) for Jan. 29: 9-12-15-31-60. The Red Powerball Power Number: 2. The Power Play Number: 2.
LANSING, MI – A lone winner from Florida took home the $396 million Powerball jackpot for the drawing held on Wednesday, Jan. 29.
That means the next Powerball drawing on Saturday, Feb. 1 will be worth $40 million with a cash option of $27.9 million.
The Powerball Numbers (white) for Jan. 29: 9-12-15-31-60
The Red Powerball Power Number: 2
The Power Play Number: 2
Powerball winners for Jan. 29:
· While there was a grand prize winner, three players also matched all five white balls drawn to win $1 million. The tickets were sold in Florida, Ohio and Virginia.
· However, none of those players played the Power Play option which would have increased their winnings to $2 million.
· The jackpot was originally estimated to be worth $394 million, but sales exceeded expectations, increasing the actual jackpot value to $396 million.
· In Michigan, two tickets sold won $100,000 in the drawing. That was the largest prize won in the state.
· There were 1,380,512 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 48,022 tickets sold won at least $4.
Powerball is offered in 44 States, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Mega Millions drawing is Friday, Jan. 31 with an estimated jackpot of $155 million and a cash option of $108.3 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Saturday, Feb.1 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $2.9 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Thursday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is an estimated $291,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The drawing comes during a string of big lottery wins in the state. Earlier this month, a Detroit woman claimed a $1 million Powerball prize after her mother pushed her into buying a ticket.
Last month, a Grand Rapids woman claimed a $5 million prize that she only realized she’d won by scrolling through Facebook. The week prior, a Washtenaw County man expected to only win $20 playing an instant game, but was shocked to learn he won $1 million.
The last players from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot were a couple from Suttons Bay who came forward to claim an $80 million Powerball win. That couple plans on using the money to support their family of seven kids and 21 grandkids.
And while they were lucky winners, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Hartland last year went unclaimed. The ticket was purchased at the Speedway in Hartland, but the winner never came forward to claim the prize. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.
If you’d like to be the next player from Michigan to win a huge lottery prize, take a look at these tips from lottery expert Richard Lustig. The author of “Learn How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery” has won more than $1 million in Florida by winning top jackpot prizes in smaller games.
Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission.
© 2020 Advance Local Media LLC. All rights reserved (About Us).
The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local.
Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site.Powerball results for 01/29/20; 1 winner of $396M jackpot The Powerball Numbers (white) for Jan. 29: 9-12-15-31-60. The Red Powerball Power Number: 2. The Power Play Number: 2. LANSING, MI – ]]>