PA Lottery VIP Players Club Frequently Asked Questions
If you have been to the Pennsylvania Lottery website, you have probably noticed that they offer a VIP Players Club. But is it a VIP program at all or just a glorified player hub?
In this post, we take a look a look at the PA Lottery VIP Club, what you can find in the program and some things you may not know about the program.
What is the PA Lottery VIP Players Club?
Many VIP programs in the world of gaming have a central theme: play games to earn rewards based on the amount you play. Unfortunately, the PA Lottery VIP Players Club is not that, at least yet. For now, the PA Lottery VIP Player’s Club is primarily a central hub where you to manage your PA Lottery account and keep up with what is going on in the PA lottery as well as enter Second Chance Drawings and monitor Coupon Codes.
How do I sign up for the PA Lottery VIP Players Club?
PA Lottery players can create a VIP Players Club account from the PA Lottery website at palottery.com. Players who have signed up to the PA Online Lottery can log on to the VIP Players Club with their existing credentials — and vice versa. Players who do not want an iLottery account should not enter the last four digits of a social security number during the registration process. Instead, select the grey “VIP Home” button. The action will allow you to just create a VIP Players Club account, which will allow you to access Coupons and Second Chance drawings.
One thing to note when registering. Use promo code WINNER when prompted as you are registering. This will ensure you receive a free $5 no deposit bonus should you decide to play the online lottery.
The VIP Players Club dashboard:
What are the main benefits of the VIP Players Club?
There are really no extra benefits to the VIP Players Club, per se. What the VIP Player’s Club does provide is a way for you access some of the standard benefits that all players of the PA Lottery are entitled to — no extra play required.
So what can you do in the VIP program?
Once you have created your account and have logged in, you will be able to administer some PA Lottery promotions, manage your PA Lottery account and engage in a couple other miscellaneous functions.
Second Chance Drawings – Have a losing lottery ticket? Some eligible games provide players a “Second Chance,” a drawing that rewards additional prizes. Submit your Entry Number and Ticket Number for the next drawing. You’ll receive a notification if you win.
Coupon Offers – Get a discount of 15%-20% on select scratch-off and fast-play coupons. Print or text the coupon for use at any Pennsylvania Lottery retailer.
Play the iLottery – Play over two dozen instant games straight from your internet browser or mobile app.
My VIP – Manage your PA Lottery account: edit log-in details, edit alerts (text and email), keep track of your favorite numbers and set reminders.
Does the VIP Club have anything to do with the PA Online Lottery (iLottery)?
Besides being able to access real money iLottery games from VIP Player’s Club, there is very little of the iLottery experience that is part of the VIP Players Club. The program is more useful to players purchasing tickets from PA brick and mortar retailers.
The PA online lottery is still in its infancy but we think — and hope — that more of the iLottery will eventually be integrated into the VIP program.
One obvious addition where to be in a tiered program, where additional benefits are given as players move up in status levels in the form of comps, free play and cash bonuses. If this were to happen, we may even see a a seamless integration into your iLottery account.
The most common questions about the PA Lottery VIP Players Club and the benefits that players can receive from the program.
Pennsylvania Gold Fish® Fast Play Game 5010; Change to Game Rules
[47 Pa.B. 5896]
[Saturday, September 16, 2017]
Under the State Lottery Law (72 P.S. §§ 3761-101—3761-314) and 61 Pa. Code § 803.11 (relating to powers and duties of the Secretary of Revenue), the Secretary of Revenue hereby provides public notice of changes to the Pennsylvania Gold Fish® (hereinafter referred to as ”Gold Fish®”) Fast Play lottery game rules that were published at 47 Pa.B. 3661 (July 1, 2017).
The Pennsylvania Lottery has altered two portions of the rules associated with the Gold Fish® Second-Chance Drawing. The Pennsylvania Lottery has exercised its option for a partial re-order of the Gold Fish® instant lottery game and is proportionally increasing the amount of second-chance prizes awarded. Pursuant to this change, another drawing is added in section 9(c)(3)(iii)-(iv), and prizes for the additional drawing have been added in section 9(d)(4). Additionally, grammatical changes have been made to section 9, and certain provisions of section 9 have been renumbered. The correct version of this document is as follows, with ellipses referring to the existing text as it appeared at 47 Pa.B. 3661—3666:
9. Second-Chance Drawing: Pennsylvania Lottery’s Gold Fish® Second-Chance Drawings (hereafter, the ”Drawings”):
(a) Qualifying Tickets: Non-winning PA-1293 Gold Fish® ($2) instant lottery tickets and PA-5010 Gold Fish® Fast Play lottery tickets (”Qualifying Tickets”) are eligible for entry into the Drawings.
(b) Participation and Entry:
(1) Entrants must be members of the Pennsylvania Lottery VIP Players Club to participate in the Drawings. To join the VIP Players Club, visit https://www.palottery.state.pa.us/Vip-players-club/Login.aspx. Becoming a VIP Players Club member is free.
(2) To enter the Drawings, entrants must submit the identifying information from at least one Qualifying Ticket via the Drawings’ promotional website, available at http://www.palottery.com, or the Pennsylvania Lottery’s official mobile application, during the entry period. The identifying information from a Qualifying Ticket may be submitted only once in the Drawings. No other method of submission will be accepted. Entries submitted using any other method, including entries mailed or hand-delivered to the Pennsylvania Lottery, are not valid and will be disqualified.
(c) Drawings Description:
(1) The Lottery will conduct two Gold Fish® Second-Chance Drawings. All time references are Eastern Prevailing Time.
(i) All PA-5010 Gold Fish® Fast Play lottery ticket Drawings entries received after 11:59:59 p.m. July 3, 2017, through 11:59:59 p.m. September 21, 2017, will be entered into the first drawing, held between September 22, 2017 and October 2, 2017.
(ii) All PA-1293 Gold Fish® instant lottery ticket Drawings entries received after 11:59:59 p.m. July 16, 2017, through 11:59:59 p.m. September 21, 2017, will be entered into the first drawing, held between September 22, 2017 and October 2, 2017.
(iii) All PA-5010 Gold Fish® Fast Play lottery ticket Drawings entries received after 11:59:59 p.m. September 21, 2017, through 11:59:59 p.m. January 18, 2018, will be entered into the second drawing, held between January 19, 2018 and January 29, 2018.
(iv) All PA-1293 Gold Fish® instant lottery ticket Drawings entries received after 11:59:59 p.m. September 21, 2017, through 11:59:59 p.m. January 18, 2018, will be entered into the second drawing, held between January 19, 2018 and January 29, 2018.
(3) The entry periods for the Drawings will be posted to the Pennsylvania Lottery’s publicly accessible website.
(5) Players may review their entries for the Drawing via the Drawings’ promotional website.
(d) Prizes Available to be Won, Determination of Winners, and Odds of Winning:
(2) The Lottery will conduct two drawings from among all the entries received during the entry period(s) as described in subsection (c).
(3) The first through the tenth entries selected from the total number of entries awarded in the first drawing will be winning entries, and the entrants who submitted those winning entries shall each be entitled to a prize of $10,000.
(4) The first through the third entries selected from the total number of entries awarded in the second drawing will be winning entries, and the entrants who submitted those winning entries shall each be entitled to a prize of $10,000.
(5) The number of winning entries to be selected for the Drawings will be posted to the Pennsylvania Lottery’s publicly accessible website.
(6) The odds of an entry being selected in the Drawings depend upon the number of entries received for the Drawings.
(7) A computer generated randomizer will be used to select the winning entries for the Drawings.
(e) Drawings Restrictions:
(1) To be eligible to participate in the Drawings, entrants must have complied with the requirements of these rules.
(2) The Lottery is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries not entered into the Drawings. The Lottery is not responsible for entries that are not entered into the Drawings because of incompatible cellular telephones or internet browsers, mobile lottery application failure, or other technical issues. If a Drawings entry is selected as a winner and disqualified or otherwise rejected during or following either of the drawings, the Lottery will select another entry to replace the disqualified or otherwise rejected entry in accordance with these rules and Lottery procedure.
(3) If any discrepancy exists between these rules and any material describing the Drawings, these rules shall govern.
(4) Employees of the Pennsylvania Lottery, MARC Advertising, MUSL, Scientific Games International, Inc., MDI Entertainment, LLC, and their subcontractors, or a spouse, child, brother, sister or parent residing as a member of the same household in the principle place of residence of any such person are not eligible to participate in the Drawings. Offer void where prohibited or restricted.
(5) The Pennsylvania Lottery reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Drawings and change these rules if the Drawings cannot be conducted as planned due to errors in these rules or advertising, unauthorized intervention, tampering, fraud, technical errors, viruses, worms, bugs, or any other cause beyond the control of the Pennsylvania Lottery that, in the Pennsylvania Lottery’s sole judgment, could corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Drawings.
(7) The Pennsylvania Lottery reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify an entrant found to be tampering with the operation of the Drawings or to be acting in violation of these rules or applicable law.
(8) The Drawings are governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Applicable laws and regulations apply.
(13) A player may only win the prize for which the player is first selected in the Drawings. Subsequent entries, from the same individual, selected in the same drawing will be disqualified and a replacement entry will be selected.
C. DANIEL HASSELL,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 17-1533. Filed for public inspection September 15, 2017, 9:00 a.m.]
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.
Information included at this site has been derived directly from the Pennsylvania Code, the Commonwealth’s official publication of rules and regulations and from the Pennsylvania Bulletin, the Commonwealth’s official gazette for information and rulemaking