Mega Millions gives players the chance to win colossal jackpots of at least $20 million. Drawings are held every Tuesday and Friday at 11.00PM and there are nine ways to win prizes in every game.
It is simple to take part in Mega Millions. Players can purchase tickets online or go to authorised Michigan Lottery retailers. See the latest winning Mega Millions numbers below and buy tickets for upcoming draws.
How to Play
You can play Mega Millions in Michigan if you are at least 18 years old. Just select five numbers between 1 and 70 and a Mega Ball from a separate pool of 25 numbers.
It costs $2 per ticket to play Mega Millions, but you can also add the Megaplier option for an extra $1. Anyone who plays the Megaplier will increase the value of any non-jackpot prizes they win by up to 5x.
Prizes are available for matching as few as three of the main white numbers, or even for matching just the Mega Ball.
Playing Mega Millions Online
Follow the steps below to play Mega Millions online:
- Choose your numbers online.
- Select вЂPick my NumbersвЂ™ to choose your own numbers, or opt for вЂEasy PickвЂ™ to have your numbers randomly chosen for you.
- Decide whether you want to add the Megaplier.
- You can then edit your numbers, change the amount of tickets you want to purchase and decide how many drawings you wish to enter, up to a maximum of 30.
- Once youвЂ™re happy with your options, use the вЂCheckoutвЂ™ button.
- Enter your payment details to complete the purchase.
- You can then check your tickets at any time in the Upcoming Purchased Draws section.
- Once the draw has taken place, check the results online to see if you have any winning numbers.
Playing Mega Millions In-Store
You can buy Mega Millions tickets from any authorised Michigan Lottery retailer, and you do not have to live in the state to take part. Follow the steps below to play Mega Millions in-store.
- Visit any Michigan Lottery retailer to fill in a Mega Millions playslip.
- Choose five numbers from 1 to 70, plus one Mega Ball between 1 and 25. You can either select your own or go for an вЂEasy PickвЂ™ if you want a random selection.
- You can also select the Megaplier option for an additional $1.
- Decide how many drawings you want to enter in advance, up to a maximum of 30. Mark your chosen number in the вЂmultiple draw wagersвЂ™ section.
- Pay for your ticket and make sure to keep it safe.
- When the draw has taken place, check online to see if youвЂ™re a Mega Millions winner.
If you already have a Mega Millions ticket from a draw within the previous 31 days, you can just ask for a Replay. The ticket will be reprinted with all the same selections ahead of the next draw.
Ticket Purchase Cut-Off Times
- Tickets for the next draw are available online and in-store until 10.45PM on the day of the draw.
- In-store ticket sales for the subsequent draw (and any future draws) resume after the drawing is complete.
- Online ticket sales for the subsequent draw (and any future draws) resume immediately after 10.45PM.
Prizes and Odds
To win the Mega Millions jackpot, you must match all five main numbers plus the Mega Ball. The Mega Millions jackpot starts at $20 million and keeps rolling over until it is won, regularly creating prizes worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
There are eight other prize tiers beneath the jackpot, so you can win cash awards for matching just the Mega Ball, or at least three main numbers.
|Match 5 + Mega Ball||1 in 302,575,350||Jackpot|
|Match 5||1 in 12,607,306||$1 million|
|Match 4 + Mega Ball||1 in 931,001||$10,000|
|Match 4||1 in 38,792||$500|
|Match 3 + Mega Ball||1 in 14,547||$200|
|Match 3||1 in 606||$10|
|Match 2 + Mega Ball||1 in 693||$10|
|Match 1 + Mega Ball||1 in 89||$4|
|Match Mega Ball||1 in 37||$2|
If you decide to add the Megaplier to your Mega Millions ticket, all non-jackpot prizes will be multiplied by 2x, 3x, 4x or 5x. The Megaplier number is selected at random as part of the draw.
|Win Conditions||Megaplier not played||2x||3x||4x||5x|
|Match 5 + Mega Ball||Jackpot||Jackpot||Jackpot||Jackpot||Jackpot|
|Match 5||$1 million||$2 million||$3 million||$4 million||$5 million|
|Match 4 + Mega Ball||$10,000||$20,000||$30,000||$40,000||$50,000|
|Match 3 + Mega Ball||$100||$200||$300||$400||$500|
|Match 2 + Mega Ball||$10||$20||$30||$40||$50|
|Match 1 + Mega Ball||$4||$8||$12||$16||$20|
|Match Mega Ball||$2||$4||$6||$8||$10|
The overall odds of winning a prize on Mega Millions are 1 in 24.
Annuity or Cash?
Anyone who wins the Mega Millions jackpot has to choose between an annuity payment, consisting of 30 annual instalments spread over 29 years, or a one-time lump sum. The cash option is a reduced figure and reflects the present cash value of the jackpot.
How to Claim a Prize
Mega Millions players have up to one year after the date of the winning draw to claim any prizes. If prizes remain unclaimed after this time, they will be distributed in accordance with state lottery regulations.
You will only be able to claim your Mega Millions prize in Michigan if you purchased your ticket in the state. The exact claims procedure varies depending on how much you have won and whether you purchased your ticket in-store or online. Visit the How to Claim a Michigan Lottery Prize page for more information.Mega Millions drawings take place on Tuesdays and Fridays at 11:00pm. Find out about the biggest jackpots, check the latest numbers and more. ]]>