$5000 Giveaway Official Contest Rules
2020 WHAI/WPVQ “$5000 GIVEAWAY” OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
These are the rules governing the “5000 dollar giveaway” on radio stations WHAI, WPVQ AM (The Outlaw) and WPVQ FM (Bear Country). The grand prize is one lump sum payment of five-thousand dollars. This contest runs from September 25 th , 2020 to November 2 nd , 2020. This contest is running simultaneously on radio stations WHAI and WPVQ AM and FM. Listeners of all three stations are competing for ONE grand prize.
- There is no purchase necessary to become eligible to win.
- To be eligible to win the grand prize, you must become one of the 110 “qualifiers” who will be entered into a grand prize drawing on November 2 nd , 2020.
- WHAI/WPVQ will make a series of appearances at various area businesses between September 25 th , 2020 and October 31 st , 2020. At each appearance, listeners may fill out a registration form. At each location, only ONE entry will be allowed per person. WHAI/WPVQ will randomly draw 10 names at the end of each appearance. Those names will become qualifiers. These dates and times of these appearances will be promoted on WHAI and WPVQ ahead of time.
- From September 28 th , 2020 through October 30 th , 2020, WHAI/WPVQ will provide listeners with a codeword each weekday (Monday through Friday). Listeners who enter that word on the special contest page at whai.com, www.bear953.com or www.outlaw923.com before midnight will enter a drawing. Two names will be selected at random from all entries submitted each weekday.
- Grand prize winner will be chosen from all 110 qualifiers through a random drawing on November 2nd, 2020. Grand prize winner will be notified by phone the morning of November 2 nd , 2020.
- WHAI/WPVQ contests are open to all eligible Massachusetts/New Hampshire/Vermont residents 18 years or older that have not won anything on WHAI or WPVQ in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
- Employees of WHAI/WPVQ, Saga Communications of New England, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the WHAI/WPVQ main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
- All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- WHAI/WPVQ, Saga Communications of New England, Inc., its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., their agencies, employees, and representatives absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from the “5000 Dollar Giveaway” contest or the prize awarded in said contest.
- Winner is responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. Winner must fill out the appropriate tax forms at the WHAI/WPVQ studios and provide a valid photo ID before receiving the prize.
- Entrants must meet other legal requirements detailed in the official rules, to grant permission to use entrant’s name and likeness without compensation and to sign a release. This contest is subject to federal, state and local laws. All of WHAI/WPVQ general contest rules posted on the web site also apply to this promotion. WHAI/WPVQ reserves the right in its sole discretion to supplement or make changes to the rules of any contest at any time without notice and reserves the right to interpret the rules of any contest, and such interpretation shall be binding upon all participants.